Thursday, November 17, 2005

In Denial II

"Hi sis, you up and about yet?"
-"Oh, a little, I'm off the ventilator, but still in ICU"
"So the old appendix gave out on you?" ...she needs a tube three days after an appendix operation?
-"Yeah it ruptured, they had to go in deep, I've got a nasty incision that will heal from the outside in, I wonder who'll clean it when I go home?"
"No more cigarettes, being in the hospital?"I wonder if she's snuk one yet?
-"No but I'm going to ask them for a patch or something...its been six days, its pretty rough" ! She still won't quit?!
-"I've been coughing up stuff, I had this bronchitis for the last month" No you haven't, you've had it for years, you have coughing fits every day, your lungs are ready to shut down...
"Its time to stop smoking..." Your girls have already buried their father, now they have to watch their mother die a horrible death...
-"Oh, this time is it..." Yeah, right, lie to my face..."But it's so hard"It's just as hard watching you kill yourself...
"Well, take care of yourself, that was too close for comfort..."What cold comfort you get from those weeds is beyond me-, you get six days off, and you're telling me you want back on again... "...be seeing you..." ...not for much longer...
-"Yeah, bye..."

By Professor Batty


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If only we could speak our innter monologues without hurting those we love...


Anonymous Anonymous said...

so it's been over a year and two months and i'm not lying... nyah


Blogger kindredband said...

It's official. Mayo Clinic has declared that I am now classified as a "former smoker" ... not someone who has quit for X number of years. There you go!


Blogger kindredband said...

Nope, not smokin' yet.


Blogger kindredband said...

"you get six days off, and you're telling me you want back on again"

Stephen, it's been eight years and I must reiterate that I NEVER EVER SAID THAT!!! Okay, I will stop obsessing over your post now. Hope you're having a great trip!


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ten years, just sayin' ........

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023