Sunday, December 18, 2005

Q & A

"What would make this Christmas good for you?"
A tough question. Everyone is healthy, everyone will be home, I guess that is enough. What could make it better? Gifts? I'm at the "slippers and a new bathrobe" stage. I could give more to others I suppose, I've certainly been given a lot by others this year. But the things I've cherished most are the intangibles- the smile on a long-lost friend's face, the happiness of my children, and of course, my lifepartner. This year has been different, however. My personal growth has been great, thanks to many 'strangers' who have been so generous in letting me look into their hearts and minds. My professional life has been, for the first time, in somewhat of a downward spiral. Resolving that situation will be the story of 2006, I'm afraid. If it turns around, great. If not, well, one does what one can do, and hope for the best.

So. I think the answer will be: "To live in the moment, enjoy what we have, and let tomorrow's problems be dealt with tomorrow."

By Professor Batty


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023