Thursday, February 23, 2006

Standing On A Corner

I see her through the rear view mirror with that "Huh?" expression on her face I drive away just a little too fast, overly dramatic. As usual. At least I spoke to her face to face. I could've just called her, or not called her at all. "I can't go on like this!" I said, although I could've. After all, I had been her boyfriend number two for over a year, and it (or he) hadn't killed me yet. What was I thinking? What was she thinking? I really don't care what he was thinking, alright now, they can work it out between themselves. I'll just step back a bit, and look around. Next time will be different. Next time will be the right time. Next time. She's still standing there.

By Professor Batty


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023