Monday, February 20, 2006

The Ultimate OS

February 20, 2050

Somebody help me.

My new computer, with that fancy Operating System. It has taken over my life. You know what I'm talking about. The one with the special glasses that give you a three dimensional view, with sensors in the earpieces that pick up your brain waves and anticipate your every desire. The screen- a shimmering, fluid plasma that hypnotizes and seduces. The content is almost immaterial when your field of vision is a glimpse into paradise. But oh, what content! A billion years of life, distilled into a superconcentrate, the wisdom and the folly of the ages all there, you don't even have to think- it comes unbidden into your mind. Your mind, the Mind of God, omnipotent, all powerful, the civilizations of centuries crumble and are rebuilt, over and over in a split-second. Seconds become centuries, centuries of pain and pleasure, of euphoria or despair. Despair, because despite having all this, having this fantastic array of experiences, and sensations...I am alone.

Somebody help me. Somebody talk to me, hold me, someone turn the damn thing off. I can't. I'm afraid.

By Professor Batty


1 Comments:

Blogger Hemoxp said...

hmm.. would this os play music?
you're never alone when you have music!

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023