Thursday, April 27, 2006

Coming Soon, To A Theatre Near You...

Saw Ari Alexander's documentary Screaming Masterpiece tonight, a glorious mess of a film about the Icelandic music scene. Taking notes, of course, on the must-sees and must-to-avoids for the Icelandairwaves Festival in October. The striking thing about the whole thing is the broad age and style spectrum of the featured musicians and performers. A few clips from Rokk Í Reykjaví­k were thrown in, and I was pleasantly surprised at how well they held up (I simply must get a PAL video player!) About three-quarters of the way through, during a quick shot of some club goers, I was startled by the appearance of a certain L. M. Loopy for a split second.
(Was that really her? It could have been? It was only a few frames, and only a backwards glance at that...nah...yeah! It was her.)

I can run, but I can't hide.

By Professor Batty


2 Comments:

Blogger Little Miss Loopy said...

I just recently watched this movie too and I didn't see me there. I'm pretty sure you are mistaken.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

You are probably right... but it was one of those "is it-isn't it" moments that caught me off-balance- coupled with the fact that I've never actually seen you in person made it noteworthy. I'd like to see that scene in freeze-frame...

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023