Saturday, July 22, 2006

Hot Fun In The Summertime

Little Ollie Cabin.
July 12, 2006
Naked

As usual, by the time one gets into a vaction routine, the trip draws to a close. Earlier, I had retrived my canoe from its hiding spot near Swamp Lake and portaged 100 rods (1650 feet) to Poplar lake. (Non-stop!) I had finally come to an uneasy truce with the Bugs (a little mosquito netting), with the Forest and the Lakes and my own no-longer-aching body; what was at first hard work is hardly an effort now. I traversed Poplar, and floated the canoe through the small shallow channel to Little Ollie. I cruised up to our dock, where the Weaver was waiting, reading her "lake book" (JPod, by Douglas Coupland- highly recommended.) I went up to the cabin, stripped, and poured myself a glass of Cabernet Savignon (Bourgeon De Cassis, 2003- OK, I guess- I am so gauche as to pour it over ice.) This is the life...

...I hear the Weaver returning, I will have to put something on, if only to stop the laughter...

Batty the Outdoorsman

By Professor Batty


1 Comments:

Blogger Comica said...

Sheer bliss!

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023