Saturday, August 19, 2006

Another Saturday Night


...Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody,
I got some money, 'cause I just got paid...
How I wish I had someone to talk to,
I'm in an awful way"
-Sam Cooke
   A ritual in hundreds of cultures, for thousands of years, and billions of people. It could almost be called a rite of passage, except that the ritual is so sloppy.  When the aim is internal chaos, how can anything be named as such?

   The work week hard light of mundane reality is softened by a little alcohol, or extinguished by a lot. The Mystery is not revealed, but it cab be ignored for awhile. The results of such actions may be hilarious, or hideous, or, more likely, somewhere in between.

   We still indulge. We still meet socially. The cleverest monkeys must amuse themselves and each other. And if the night doesn't end well, that may be something worth experiencing also.

By Professor Batty


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023