Friday, August 11, 2006

Fear Of Flying

More reasons in the news today to crawl in a hole and never come out. I've got my ticket already, will the airports still be on red alert in October? Will Icelandair confiscate my bottled water, making me endure the five and a half hour flight on only a few sips of Brennivín? Or perhaps the terrorists would think that Iceland's national airline isn't symbolic enough. My antique camera (Russian!) and its lead-lined film pouch might have to stay home this time. My shampoo collection- no way. My sandals usually make it through, but I already know better than to try and wear my high heel sneakers.

68 days and counting...

By Professor Batty


4 Comments:

Blogger lab munkay said...

I say drink the black death before you do the security. The nice Islandic hostesses are very generous with their fine water. That way, when you hit the duty free store in Reykjavik, the stink of dried fish won't hurt so bad. That and spending twelve hundred kronar for another bottle.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Humpuff....The sweet scent of dried fish is not stinky! Neither is our water for that matter.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

...I leave my blog for one day and an international incident breaks out! Just for the record, the Professor has been known to frequent the dried fish vendors at Kolaportið, and, of course, the Icelandic water is the world's best, and not a bit stinky (excepting the thermal)


Blogger ECS said...

*sigh*, I ADORE the smell of Icelandic hot water and steam vents. It's the smell of clean, of warm, of safe, and of relaxed. Maybe not great to drink, but otherwise so very comforting.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023