Monday, August 14, 2006

Half A Conversation

"So, you are going to be in town, after all."

"..."

"And the chance that we will meet at last has gone from nil to high."

"..."

"This development brings a new meaning to the phrase 'Across the pond'."

"..."

"I hope you won't be disappointed when you do see me..."

"...?"

"I mean, that is to say, well, it's just that I'm old, you know, I won't have that keyboard to hide behind."

"..."

"I'll leave the Gore-tex home, at any rate."

"...?"

"And the hiking boots, too."

"...!"

"Some dreams come true, but not exactly."

"...?"

"I don't know what I'm trying to say."

"..."

"I'm just me, that's all. Maybe we can have that chat in the café."

"...?"

"No, no tea..."

"..."

"No, you'll be fine. Just be yourself."

"..."

"Yes, I'll be there..."

"...!"

By Professor Batty


1 Comments:

Blogger Comica said...

I've had this conversation with myself many a time.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023