Wednesday, August 02, 2006

New and Improved?

Leaving China on Friday, in Anchorage yesterday, to me, today. My laptop is less than a week old, and has already been halfway around the world. For those of you who are interested in technical details, the new Flippist notebook computer is a White MacBook, 2 GHz Intel Core Duo, 1 GB DDR@ SDRAM, 667 MHz Bus speed, Bluetooth, Airport card, DVD RW, and a bunch of programs that I might actually take a look at someday. It took a really scary picture of yours truly, I think I'll save that for Halloween. Now I just have to install a decent browser (sorry, but brushed aluminum just doesn't do it for me, Mr. Jobs), Photoshop (so I can take my work home-this is progress?) , and my scanner software. And get a file (the raspy kind, not the hard drive kind) to take the sharp edge off the side of the case. Somebody in design was asleep on that one! Otherwise, so far, so good. It runs a bit warm, however, which might be nice in January, methinks a small fan is needed. The keyboard is very good for a nine-fingered typist like me, quite unlike any I've ever used before, fewer typos already! Onward and upward!

By Professor Batty


1 Comments:

Blogger Comica said...

Huzzah for fresh, sophisticated equipment!

And it's well-traveled, can't ask for more than that!

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023