Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Arguing With Self: Work

It just doesn't seem worth it, sometimes. Why don't I just find a cushy job and coast until retirement?

Like the job you had for the city? Where your brain was rotting nearly as fast as your bigoted co-workers (all of whom are now dead, BTW)?

There's just an awful lot to do, it's like a plate spinning act, running back and forth, keeping just enough ahead to avoid everything crashing...

That's not what you were saying last summer, when it was slow...

I'm just thinking in the long-term... I mean I like working, this job is ok, but...

...but not as thrilling as running a live mix every night? Those days are long gone, you must admit that it drove you to the brink of despair...

Of course, that was a love-hate thing- Loved it when it was good, despised it when it went bad. That murder didn't help any.

In the words of the song: "It's a mean old world". Count your blessings, be thankful that you're able-bodied and intelligent enough to handle what you are doing; people appreciate it...

Yeah, after 35 years I can feel as if I've had enough, but I'm not ready to give it up yet...

Now you're starting to sound like me...

I am you, silly!

Right... Sometimes I forget who has the upper hand...

It really never gets any easier, does it?

It's been worse...

By Professor Batty


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023