Friday, December 22, 2006

Resolution

The longer I live the more beautiful life becomes.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

It's been a tough week. The run-up to a holiday can get like that for me. Perhaps that explains this week's theme- revisiting the darkest days of my life (on the darkest day of the year), a strange form of past-looking skadefryd that somehow enables me to deal with the trials of the day. It would be a mistake to read too much into any of this. The things written here are just an echo of the many, many thoughts that I may ruminate upon during the course of the day. Things are good. As the year draws to a close, I have much to be grateful for. To have been able to have had so many great new experiences at my age is a blessing that may be hard for a younger person to appreciate. Mr. Wright was just beginning his most productive era when he was my age. The old dog still learns.

By Professor Batty


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023