Tuesday, December 19, 2006

You're already dead if suicide is your decision.

I find it humorous that if you include the word "suicide" in a heading people want to read it more. It really reflects a sad state of things.

Why is it that your mind lights up if someone wants to end their existence? Does it make you feel strong? Do you want to relate? Do you really think that you could help?

If someone calls you and tells you that they're about to commit suicide, will you attempt to talk him/her out of it? Although they feel it is time that they end their life and that there is no reason left to live...Who are you to tell them they're wrong? How could you? It is impossible for you to feel what's burning inside them. So whoever wants to die, it is their decision, not only obviously... but most importantly.

Threats of suicide are often and empty. Someone who used to be very close to me pointed out something I think I will always remember. "If I was going to kill myself do you think I would tell you to get you to stop me?"

No. They wouldn't have. Neither would I.

Thoughts are meaningless compared to actions. If it is help that you want then ask for help. Do not threaten me with taking your own life. Tell me that you do not want to die, and are looking for a friend. Tell me that all you want is someone to talk to. Tell me that I can do something to make it better. Tell me what I can do to help.

If I love you then I won't keep you here and unhappy. Death is not something to fear. Or a toy to play with. It's like string. It's just there to hold things together.

It is an oxymoron to say a person is suicidal. They are dead. Or they are alive. There is no suicidal.

I am not saying I will not help someone who wants to die.
I am saying that I can not help someone who wants to die.
I can help someone who is looking for help.
If you're strong enough to admit you just need a little attention or someone to talk to.

You're already dead if suicide is your decision.


~ RS
September, 2004
Used with Permission

By Professor Batty


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023