Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Sometimes a Great Lotion

One of my earliest memories of gender differentiation was of my mother's use of hand cream, or lotion. If I recall correctly, she used Pond's, an iconic brand of the mid- 20th century in the United States. It was vaguely floral, innocuous. Today, there is a wide range of creams and nostrums, all designed to make a person's skin feel a bit more comfortable. Those of us living in a cold climate, especially with forced-air heating, almost have to "lube- up" as a matter of course (I find cracked, raw skin most unpleasant.) For those of us afflicted with too much oil, a course of astringents and drying agents are sometimes used. I once had a roommate who, upon retiring, used "Bonnie Bell 10-06" (a vile, industrial-strength solvent), to "cleanse" her pores. Not exactly an aphrodisiac. The scent of some lotions are definite turn-ons, as long as they aren't too strong. As for me, I'll stick with Neutrogena hand creme. Thick and scentless. My wrinkled hands won't be doing any modeling anytime soon, and Lord knows I'm not hunting for any "stray stuff"- but even an old crab like me likes a softer shell once in a while.

By Professor Batty


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023