Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Winter Of My Discontent

"Happiness crept upon me unawares, while I wasn't looking. " - Kristín

... And a vague malaise has enveloped me by a somewhat similar methodology. Perhaps it was this endless drab winter, or maybe it is the calm before the storm (we've got a doosy coming this week-end), nevertheless I've been unsettled as of late. There really is no good reason for my melancholia. A couple feet of heavy snow might be just what this cranky pseudo-prof needs- a good kick in the rear by mother nature to drive out these unfocused anxieties...

UPDATE: So I painted a bit, read a blog post about Halldór Laxness (thanks Rose!) and now I feel much better.

By Professor Batty


4 Comments:

Blogger Móðir, kona, meyja said...

Light a few candles. Think of the things that make you happy. Hug you wife. Remember that as all things shall pass, so shall your discontent.


Blogger Sharon Spotbottom said...

Brisk walks and good humor!


Blogger Darien Fisher-Duke said...

Success with installing Icelandic keyboard! Now I just have to learn how to use it!


Blogger Professor Batty said...

Kristín- you are one of things that I can think of...

Sharon- you supply the humor!

Rose- you must not have a Mac...

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023