Monday, March 19, 2007

Career Move

I've been doing variations on a theme (photographic printing) off and on for 40+ years, perhaps it is time for a change. In the past I had spent some time in the public sector (City of Minneapolis, Police and Fire departments clerical work) and it would be tempting to settle into that routine again - generous deadlines, regular hours, good benefits, etc., for one last decade of full-time work before I retired. Sure, why not?

In a recent conversation with a coworker, she mentioned that her father, a State of Minnesota employee, had recently been issued a memo, outlining a new dress code. Evidently the casual Friday thing had spilled over into the other days of the week as well, with sweatpants, halter tops and other clothes-that-look-good-on-teenagers showing up as clothes-that-look-ridiculous-on-old-folks. Fair enough. But the memo went on to include underwear, complete with suitability requirements and enforcement provisions.

So that will be my new career. Underwear inspector. I'll be checking material, color, style, absence of, wear level, and staining. In order to facilitate this, "Everyone will be required to wear their underwear on the outside."*

Ok, I'm stretching things (elastic waistbands?) a bit. But the memo with the underwear clause is real, if I can get my hands on a copy I'll post it.

* - Woody Allen, in his movie "Bananas"

By Professor Batty


3 Comments:

Blogger lab munkay said...

"Everyone will be required to wear their underwear on the outside."

"So inspector Batty, my camando's ARE on the outside! Really."


Blogger Móðir, kona, meyja said...

I am certain life would be more normal if only more people has ASD...


Blogger Professor Batty said...

... there really is no point in attempting parody any more- reality is just too strange...

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023