Friday, May 25, 2007

A Case of Shingles

Any of you who have been afflicted with the disease Herpes Zoster know that it can be excruciatingly painful. Hot needles in your skin is a common description of the discomfort it causes. When I was a newlywed, I came down with the disorder upon my first visit to my in-laws. Wonderful timing. (It has been said that stress can trigger a flare-up.) I picked up another case of shingles today:



A different kind.

After twenty-three years of living in a house with mis-matched exterior coverings, it is finally time to correct the situation. And after looking at new siding options that were the price of two new cars and would leave the house looking like it was made of Legos and make it even more vulnerable to the ravages of Minnesota weather, shingling the odd parts with cedar made the most sense me. We'll have to paint it, but that we can afford.

Imagine that. A house that looks like something planned.

That should raise our property tax more than a little.

Again.

By Professor Batty


2 Comments:

Blogger Reetsyburger said...

Those are the same cedar shingles we have on our house!


Blogger Professor Batty said...

... no, I didn't take them from your house, I got 'em at Menards!

;-)

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023