Wednesday, May 30, 2007

If I Were A Carpenter

So my purse fetish has been replaced by the manly art of pounding nails into wood. The new shingles are in place, new soffit has been installed, and I am cursing the drunken S.O.B. who built the addition I am working on. The old part of the house is well over one hundred years old and it is pretty much OK, albeit a little saggy in parts. The new part is only 30 years old and needs a disproportionate amount of TLC. The rotten wood is gone, the squirrel damage has been fixed, and the exterior wall is ready for painting. I'm feeling so macho that I may go watch some NASCAR while drinking a piss-poor American beer.

                        

                               Only one more wall to go.

By Professor Batty


3 Comments:

Blogger lab munkay said...

toolbelt=manbag


Blogger Sharon Spotbottom said...

Nice work. Very nice indeed. Manbag/toolbelt might be more akin to Felix the cat's bag of magic tricks (the 1960's tv version)


Blogger Móðir, kona, meyja said...

I never did marry that carpenter I pined for when I was a lass...

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023