Monday, May 07, 2007

One Thousand

Posts.

Why, if I had a nickel for every Flippism Is The Key post, I'd have $50.00 by now!

It has been a little over three years since the first post, and a little over four years since Dubya declared "Mission Accomplished." Draw your own conclusions.

In looking over those thousand posts, a few themes emerge:

Icelandic culture, of course. While my shameless promotion of it may never equal the effect that wonderful place and its people has had on me, my humble efforts in that direction are, nevertheless, sincere.

Childhood memoirs. The child is the father to the man?

Blogging itself: The very oldest blogs are only about ten years old, (or 400 years if you count Pepys) there may be a lot yet to be discovered, although the conversational aspect of it is as old as time. I'm still surprised at the connections I make...

Travel: There has always been something to fulfill the role of "Travel Section" in this on-line journal-

Little Miss Loopy's adventures in Dubrovnik...
Reshma's India...
Comica's Virginia...
My trips through the wilds of Northern Minnesota, Wisconsin and exotic islands...


Book, Music, Art and Movie reviews (this is starting to seem like a Sunday Newspaper!)

Poetry and Fiction: some big truths hide in little lies...

Philosophy: Like a powerful spice, best tasted in small doses...

Satire and Whimsy: I'm so very, very sorry, (but I won't stop...)

Psychology: The mirror is endlessly fascinating...

Feral Cats: #1 photo search hit, no contest...

Love: The only thing, really...

Photography: I'm really ambivalent about this one. With the ascendancy of Flickr, I get many more hits on the photos than on the writing. I've done a fair amount of photography, but the pictures shown here are just illustrations. I'd usually rather read a thousand well-written words than look at a picture...

Group Mind: I cannot forget to mention the contributions of Little Miss Loopy, Comica and Reshma. They each have their own blogs, but were gracious enough to take the time to contribute over 100 of the posts. Thanks again.

And last, but not least, you: the readers, commenters and lurkers- past, present, and future. That's the thing that really intrigues me. Assuming that Google/Blogger will continue hosting this madness, there conceivably could be people reading this a thousand years from now.

Gulp. I'd better proof-read this again.

By Professor Batty


1 Comments:

Blogger RS said...

*lump in throat*

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023