Monday, June 11, 2007

A Scary Time With Mr. Book

So I've been seeing this guy quite a bit lately- it's not like that, it's just that me and my pal Mac have been doing a lot of things together, fun stuff. Mac has access to places all around the world, parts of the world I've only read about in the past. Mac makes it happen... until last week.

Mac shut down. He wouldn't do the things we used to do together. His face was a blank, and if pressed, all he could do was let out a faint chiming sound. I knew what to do, however. I brought him back home. I figured if he was with his "family" they could check him out and see that he could be brought back to life. 10 months old is way too young to die.

I handed him over to one of his own last Saturday, holding back tears, I whimpered; "He isn't gone for good, is he?"
"We'll call you" he grimly smiled; I was downcast.

Tonight I got a call, Mac was back! Better than ever, with some new tricks, and ready to get to work. I drove over and picked him up, held him close and sang this song:


Ooh! I got him
Back in my arms again
Right by my side
I got him back in my arms again
So satisfied

Ooh! I'm satisfied yeah
So satisfied*


Welcome home, Mac Book.


*Back in My Arms Again words by Holland/Dozier/Holland

By Professor Batty


2 Comments:

Blogger Sharon Spotbottom said...

Poetic justice? Poetic somethng anyway.
Dare i speak too soon but my mac is limping back to life after it's second hard drive replacement in as many weeks (booooo) with some new downloads and drivers and the like to get the wheels greased. (we hear boooos again from the crowd of one. boooo).
Yet hoooorah!


Blogger Professor Batty said...

... In interests of full disclosure-
I bought one of the first Intel-based MacBooks last summer and I felt that it was never quite "right" - running way too hot, weird shutdown stuff, wouldn't "sleep" properly, at the risk of jinxing myself, it's like a new machine after the fixes. I hope yours does as well, if it was a bad HD it should be OK now...

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023