Monday, September 24, 2007

I really don't want to know

... a bundle of love-letters...

How many arms have held you and hated to let you go

... from someone in her past, an older man...

How many, how many, I wonder, but I really don't want to know.

... I had seen a picture of him once, in with some vacation snaps...

How many lips have kissed you, and set your soul aglow

... and now he had passed away, his kin sent them back...

How many, how many, I wonder, but I really don't want to know.

... she never spoke of him...

So always make me wonder, always make me guess.

... and it really makes no difference...

And even if I ask you, darling don't confess.

... it could be the plot of a tragic romance novel...

Just let it remain your secret, But darling I love you so.

... or the lyrics to a sad love song...

No Wonder, no wonder I wonder. Though I really don't want to know.

... but now forgotten, as if it had never happened...

By Professor Batty


6 Comments:

Blogger Professor Batty said...

"I Really Don't Want to Know" music written by Don Robertson, lyrics by Howard Barnes 1953


Blogger Darien Fisher-Duke said...

You sneak. I have to admit that both you and Lab Munkay are always making me wonder, what is real and what is fiction.

Tonight I finished Iceland's Bell. What a stunning novel! Laxness always has the power to just blow me away. This is one I will definitely read again. But first...Salka Valka!


Blogger Móðir, kona, meyja said...

Never really forgotten, though...


Blogger Professor Batty said...

Rose... and how much of Iceland's Bell is real, and how much is fiction? The saga-like telling of the story of the preservation of those writings has a deeper reality than most histories could achieve. And then to go on to Salka Valka! Literary bliss!

Kristin- the man may be, be the lesson is not... and when are you going to read Salka?


Blogger Móðir, kona, meyja said...

In my old age and dotage

*evil smirk*

All in good time, luv.


Blogger Darien Fisher-Duke said...

It's a lot easier with Iceland's Bell. There are notes at the end that tell you...;-)
But...point well taken. [sigh]

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023