Monday, September 17, 2007

Up On The Roof


When this old world starts getting me down
And people are just too much for me to face


I can remember being this stressed out before, but it has been a long time.

I climb way up to the top of the stairs
And all my cares just drift right into space


I've been working on the house all summer, and some painting on the dormers has been bugging me for a while.

On the roof, it's peaceful as can be
And there the world below can't bother me


It means getting out the roof ladder (its a steep roof, and high enough to kill you, if you fall off.)

Let me tell you now

I've been dreading it, although I've done it before.

When I come home feelin' tired and beat
I go up where the air is fresh and sweet (up on the roof)


So today I just went and did it, it went well.

I get away from the hustling crowd
And all that rat-race noise down in the street (up on the roof)


And it was nice up there- pleasantly cool, I got the work done.

On the roof, the only place I know
Where you just have to wish to make it so


And my worries? It's just my nature.

Let's go up on the roof (up on the roof)


Up On The Roof- by Gerry Goffin and Carole King

By Professor Batty


1 Comments:

Blogger Móðir, kona, meyja said...

That's a nice little house.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023