Wednesday, November 07, 2007

The Inspection

The transition from the "soaring sixties" to the "sleazy seventies" was a bit bumpy at times, to say the least.

It was early in 1970, I was sharing a girlfriend with a classmate (you really don't want to know) and they both worked at The Suburban World movie theater, which was actually a little gem of a cinema. Moorish decor and twinkling “stars” and floating “clouds” on the ceiling. The Sub World had fallen upon hard times, it was reduced to playing Scandinavian “art house” films (really just soft-core skin-flicks with subtitles.)

My shared-girlfriend would often cashier there and would let me in to see the movies, which really were most peculiar. I remember one film in particular where the leading man had parked his car outside a woman's apartment, revving his Volvo while she revved her vulva:

One night one of my girlfriend's co-workers was interested in meeting the "other boyfriend." This usherette came smiling up to me with her hand extended so I put mine out in return, but she deftly inserted hers into my pants pocket, giving me a most thorough examination.

At the time, it seemed a little forward, although somehow it fit in with the milieu.

By Professor Batty


6 Comments:

Blogger lab munkay said...

I hope that girl was properly trained Batty.


Blogger Móðir, kona, meyja said...

And did you pass muster? Or is that one of those things we really do not want to know?

Did you see Hoppsasa på sengekanten, then? Apparently that film was very popular here...


Blogger Professor Batty said...

... Lab Munkay- I think she might have had some on the job training...

... Kristin- and what is the true measure of a man? I think the movie was called "Inga", they usually renamed them for the US market. (I can't believe you came up with a title!)...


Blogger Móðir, kona, meyja said...

The true measure is all about the performance - and not just the physical performance, mind.

So you have seen the movie, have you?


Blogger Professor Batty said...

... Inga is Jag - en oskuld , but that might not be the movie I remember, there was a Swedish movie in IMDB with a similar title to Hoppsasa, but it was from 1976 and I haven't seen it...


Blogger Móðir, kona, meyja said...

The only reason I came up with a title was that Mum found this particular title hilarious...from what I gather it was a joke among her generation...

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023