Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I Don't Want to Hurt Like This Anymore

My proverbial ass has been kicked.

Old Man Winter, AKA Jack Frost, has done whupped me good.

It isn't the dirty snow.

Nor the salted crust on my car.

It isn't the 90 days in a row below freezing (only a slight exaggeration.)

It is the sting of sub-zero air on my delicate epidermis.

The burn of frost-nip on my fingertips.

The shock of icy air in my lings, dropping my core temp in an instant.

I want the hurting to stop.

I want spring.

By Professor Batty


4 Comments:

Blogger Reetsyburger said...

*sigh* Winter is hurty.


Blogger Móðir, kona, meyja said...

so do my crocuses


Blogger lab munkay said...

And spring wants you.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

... and it gets only worse- -20° tonight!

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023