Thursday, March 13, 2008

Calm Before The Storm

My placid mind will soon be buffeted by that quality which it fears the most and, paradoxically, desires most: change.

Change from my routines, change from my environs, even a subtle change in culture, for I will be traveling to the “Old South” on Saturday, on a trip with the Weaver that is only about half-planned; this will be a ”winging it” type of expedition. A few days in Raleigh, North Carolina, a few in Asheville, back to Raleigh, and then up to Richmond, Virgina, to meet with the ghost of Poe and two very much alive spirits named Comica and Rose—I'm not dreading that part of the trip at all!

By Professor Batty


2 Comments:

Blogger Móðir, kona, meyja said...

You sure you're not an Aspie?


Blogger Professor Batty said...

... as my dear departed Mother used to say to me with some regularity:
"What's the matter with with you?"

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023