Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Penelope

The current movie Penelope concerns itself with a young woman cursed with a porcine proboscis. Not the worst curse, but an obvious one. While I was watching preview of it, it struck me that the nose which Christina Ricci's character sported was really kind of cute and certainly nothing to get upset about- there are worlds of ills that this mortal clay suffers with that are worse than this. In the movie Penelope presumably overcomes her affliction to become "normal", what ever that means nowadays. I might pass on this film.

An old girlfriend was endowed in a similar fashion and it never mattered to me in the slightest, in fact I can't recall that it ever came up in conversation with anyone who knew her. To paraphrase the words of the old Bachrach-David song:
Piggyface, Piggyface
I love you
Yes, I do!
You and your piggyface lips!
You and your piggyface eyes!
You and your piggyface nose!

By Professor Batty


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023