Monday, March 31, 2008

They Might Be Giants

A trip to the new home improvement center (see previous post) gave me the willies. What was once a shambling patchwork of glorified storage sheds had been transformed into a "Megastore". I'm not against progress, per se, but this place was way beyond any sense of human scale. The tubs you see pictured were 25 feet up- with no way to get close to them. I should have brought binoculars perhaps? Perhaps the tide of progress has passed me by, perhaps these stores are meant for a race of cyber-robots, thirty feet tall, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound etc...

The place also sells groceries and pet food.

"Ya I'm goin' down to the lumber yard to pick up some grub for dinner, dontcha know..."

I suddenly feel uncharacteristically small.

By Professor Batty


1 Comments:

Blogger Móðir, kona, meyja said...

Modern life is rubbish.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023