Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Variety and the Spice of Life



Left to my own devices,
this Omega-oil rich snack would be my supper.

There's something about pickled fish-
nature's most perfect food?

I live in a more-or-less
cooperative household.

My turn to cook means:
more than herring on a cracker.

I start some spuds baking
and begin to thaw a steak.

Meat and potatoes on their own,
have little flavor.

Time for a trip to the spice cupboard:



My old pal Onion Powder is right in front.

I'll use that and some Worchester Sauce as a base for the meat.

The Cayenne can stay put.

I see Mrs. Dash and her equally bland sisters.

Huddled in the back- maybe next time.

My favorite fish spice, Vegeta,

is Croatia in a blue jar, but it doesn't do meat well.

The usual suspects are lined up on the left:

no, no, no, and no.

Perhaps something from the lower cupboard?

Bingo!



Curried vegetables on potatoes, yum.

How did I ever make it through the week before I found these?

Lazy man's Indian.

Although the food in these is wholesome.

No nasty chemicals added.

And they are even Kosher!

I'll pick the Peshawari Dal Makhani.

Batty the chef lives to cook another day!

By Professor Batty


4 Comments:

Blogger Darien Fisher-Duke said...

Shannon, are you reading this?


Blogger Shannon said...

Hi Rose,

Looks yummy! Thanks!

~Shannon


Blogger Professor Batty said...

... The best one might be the Achari mushrooms...


Blogger Darien Fisher-Duke said...

Honestly, I'm going to have to give these a try...

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023