Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Will Blog For Food

 

I thought that I'd inaugurate my new austerity program on my weekly shopping trip. No more frills, only the bare necessities. Those strawberries look nice, but at $3.49 a pound I'll have to look for something more reasonable.

 

What could be a better value than apple? Minnesota's own Honeycrisp™, yum... $1.50 EACH?... These spuds are more like it, it is said that if you plug your nose you can't tell the difference between the two... I DON'T THINK SO!

 

Well I certainly could cut back on this junk food... I'll get in touch with my inner Inca with this quinoa- at $6 a box? Ouch!

 

Yay! something I like to eat and priced at two-for-one. And maybe just one chocolate bar, or two, or...



I think I just lost my appetite...

By Professor Batty


4 Comments:

Blogger Móðir, kona, meyja said...

OMG, you're joking!


Blogger Professor Batty said...

... I can't make this stuff up- its too weird!


Blogger Darien Fisher-Duke said...

Let's get serious now, Batty. I'd like to point out that Quinoa is the perfect protein food! Try it as a replacement for bulgher in tabbouleh, or in many rice dishes. Cheaper in bulk at health food stores.
From your proseletyzing pal.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

... I was just joking about the Quinoa, we have it about once a month in a variety of ways. I've found that if you mix a spoonful of lemon juice with it after it has cooked it brings out the flavor...

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023