Monday, October 20, 2008

Like Making Love

Still working?

A few years till retiring, and you?

Retired, some health problems, I'm doing all right.

You were in the stagehands union for years, right?

Yes, I started in sound at the Guthrie, moved on to lighting, then worked everywhere.

You did the Nimoy one man show, right?

Yes, he really developed that show here, the regular lighting guy was sick, so I filled in. I ended up on the road with him for three years.

Were there a lot of cues for that show?

Yeah, a few sound cues but mostly lights. After awhile I ended up doing it without cues, he changed the show every night. It was really a blast.

That's a great feeling, I did that when I was working with bands. It's like making love, isn't it?

Yes, that's what is it.

By Professor Batty


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Where is the photo we discussed and who worked with Nimoy?!

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023