Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I Am Curious (Yellow and Blue) Part 3

Fear of Fooding

Why not have a “restaurant” (ironic quotes) in a home furnishing store?
A place to refresh, relax and digest your shopping experience, with a daily special:

Fifteen meatballs, with mashed potatoes and gravy = $4.99.

Not a misprint. One could, if one were so inclined, add another 5 meatballs for an extra $1. Or get forty for $11.98! You wouldn’t need to eat again (or be able to eat again) for at least three days. But I was in more of a “brunch mode” (non-ironic quotes) so I settled for a wedge of “chocolate torte” and a cup of “coffee” (ironic quotes). The woman at the table next to mine saw my cake and remarked; “Say, that looks good!”
“Appearances can be deceiving… ” I muttered.


IKEA© FOOD.

Pallets of it.

Just the idea makes me uneasy.

The reality disturbs me greatly.

Hard, flat, cookies.

Good for dunking?

I’ll never know.























Thank you, no.



Tomorrow: Torture

By Professor Batty


4 Comments:

Blogger Móðir, kona, meyja said...

Look, the next time you're in Iceland, I'll take you to the local IKEA. It is significantly smaller than what you are used to and the food is actually rather good.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel the heartburn.


Blogger Móðir, kona, meyja said...

And then after that I will take you seabathing, in the middle of the winter.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

K~ 'tis a consummation devoutly to be wished...

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023