Thursday, November 20, 2008

I Am Curious (Yellow and Blue) Part 4

Torture

Enough of my gastronomic phobias.
When in Rome, do as the Romans do,
When in IKEA©, follow the arrows, always follow the arrows.


And the arrows led me to this intensely bright and severely mannered simulation of a modern corner apartment. Was it intended for those who see the world only in black and white, with no shades of gray? And would the comestibles served in the dining area be color-coded as well? Liebfraumilch and Guinness? Liquorice and tapioca? Ebony and ivory?

I followed the arrows to to the furniture area:


I tried to like them. I sat on the chairs, lolled in sofas, tried to warm up to these instruments of torture. I am not yet so crippled and infirm that I require special orthopedic appliances for my seating pleasure, I just need something I can sit upon for more than a minute or two. I wondered who, or what, these infernal contraptions were designed for. And no sooner than thought of than answered:


I found this arrangement of motorized, reciprocating pistons to be strangely arousing.


Tomorrow: Home

By Professor Batty


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They do seem to have their own view of the world. A bit short on variety.


Blogger Móðir, kona, meyja said...

Well, I think you're being silly.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

Jon~ a narrow focus, to be sure.

K~ I admit it, guilty as charged.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023