Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My Clean Car


Nothing like a clean car for the holidays. It may be ten years old, but it still gleams. We took off for the in-laws Saturday morning, the weather report was a little iffy, but the roads were fine as we began. At about the half-way point, things got worse. Perhaps it was the overturned truck in the median that first signalled something amiss. Then there was another. And another. A car was half buried in the snow off the shoulder. Then an upside-down SUV. And another, and yet another. We made it OK, but that night, as I was fetching some wine from the car, I saw that my clean car had been neatly spray-painted with road salt.

But it was right-side up.

By Professor Batty


3 Comments:

Blogger Móðir, kona, meyja said...

Hah. And you guys think Iceland's cold...


Blogger Professor Batty said...

I think you've got more freezing sleet, however...


Blogger Darien Fisher-Duke said...

Really makes me miss Iowa...!
However, I do miss conquering the elements and reconnecting with my inner pioneer.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023