Friday, March 20, 2009

Death and Taxes

My desk is a filthy mess. With income tax time coming and the completion of my last will and testament long overdue, I have decided to plunge in and rectify the situation.
First up, our retirement accounts. Dozens of monthly statements, not exactly cheerful reading material. At least they are color-coded so I can find them with out having to actually read them. Next up are various bank statements and receipts- whoo hoo! I found a certificate of deposit which is ready to be cashed- just in time to send in on taxes! Digging deeper, there are piles of photos- most of which were scanned then ended up on a post. They have a home, and it isn't on my desk- Poof! and they're gone, banished to the basement. I'll put the maps and atlases away, my dreaming is done for this year- check! Shred paid bills- Check! (Ooh that feels so good!) Camera gear... hmmm, The big camera goes into a bag, but where's my little one? Mortgage papers... thank god we're done with those! One little bill, I'll pay that now, and one big bill, I'll wait on that one. Shred, shred, shred, lordy, where does this stuff come from?

An hour later and here's the result:



Next year, same time?

By Professor Batty


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are inspiring! I think I'll get the shovel and do my desk. Is that a Marantz 1060 in the middle of your sound system?


Blogger Professor Batty said...

You've got a good eye for gear. I've owned dozens of amplifiers in my life, and this one still remains, and is used almost daily. What a great piece of gear. From top to bottom:
Behringer Ultra-graph Pro EQ
Pioneer RG Dynamic Processor
Marantz 1060 Integrated Amp
Sony CDR-W33
Sony TC-K641S
Nakamichi CDC 200
Technics SL-1350 (turntable)
KEF Q-10 speakers

That's all that remains from my studio gear...
I do miss my old 4000 Watt sound system (with dual 18" subs)
120dB @ 1m on axis...


Blogger Móðir, kona, meyja said...

So it's true what they say about little boys, that they never really grow up?


Blogger Professor Batty said...

K~ well, I did get rid of most of that gear.


Blogger Darien Fisher-Duke said...

I'm overwhelmed. John has been taking a photo of my "New Year's Resolution" Desk Cleanup Project each Sunday. So far, I have failed miserably. Somehow I'm not feeling as bad about that as I should.
Batty, I don't know how you ever got your desk cleaned up with that clever blog-post-procrastination-project. Or, did you wait until it was done to write the post? Maybe that's my problem: I'm doing it backward!


Blogger Professor Batty said...

I wrote as I cleaned, although I put the links in afterward.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023