Friday, May 22, 2009

The Dawn Chorus

     The Dawn Chorus

04:30

Every morning now, each day it starts a little bit earlier.

With the first lightening of the northeastern sky comes the dawn chorus.

All the birds in the trees which surround my bedroom begin to sing.

Chirping, talking, declaring territory; all explanations for this behavior.

But I know better.

The birds are talking to me, giving me lessons.

As I dream, then waken, then dream again,

They know that I am listening, that I hear their every noise.

They are teaching me how live.

Their lesson is: life is joy.

I am no longer asleep.

By Professor Batty


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023