Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Entry

The entry to our kitchen has always been an under-utilized area in our house. It gets a lot of traffic, to be sure, but only people passing into the kitchen or leaving out the back door. Despite having two couches, it doesn't invite dallying. When we first moved in the entry was three times the size and filled with junk. We've managed to keep the clutter under control, but those items which reside therein are invariably cast-offs from other, more livable rooms. What is the "problem area" in your domicile?

I may get inspired this summer and turn it into a mini-gallery, does anyone need a sofa or two?

By Professor Batty


5 Comments:

Blogger Darien Fisher-Duke said...

I'd like to talk to you about your paneling ... all the wood on the floors, walls, ceiling. It's a very warm effect. Of course it also reminds me of Iceland. But anyway! How practical is it? Did you do most of it yourself? Should we be considering this for the Condemnation Plantation?


Blogger Professor Batty said...

Are you in termite country? I did it because I had some funky (but solid) sheetrock on the walls and the thin strips covered irregularities nicely. Same with the floor, it would have been a ton of work to level it, I screwed cedar into thin spacers of varying height, it tolerates snow and slush in the winter pretty well (the entry is unheated.) I think the wall paneling is much more expensive now, it was cheap when I put it in about 5 years ago.

The wood "ties the room together" pretty well, as The Dude would say.


Anonymous n said...

Have you ever had problems with carpet pissers? I didn't notice a rug, so...


Anonymous Nicole said...

That last comment was from me, I didn't finish typing my name...


Blogger Professor Batty said...

N ~ not since the last time I had my Uni co-workers over...

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023