Friday, May 08, 2009

Sunset



Terrible news here on the literary front. Our library, due to budget cuts, has been forced to drastically trim its hours. We've lost 10 evening hours during the week and all of Sunday. Maybe we'll get some of that time restored after summer, but I doubt it. What's worse is that the three large community rooms will also be unavailable. Many diverse civic groups used these rooms for meetings.

And my after dinner bike-rides to the library are effectively finished. Personally, that's the worst blow of all.

By Professor Batty


3 Comments:

Blogger Darien Fisher-Duke said...

We can bike to our public library, the gym, a coffee shop/wine bar, and a Fresh Market! After working in a "cave" all day, I love getting some sunlight. Naturally I feel for your community with shorter library hours. I hope it doesn't last too long.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

Our library is situated in one corner of a 320 acre wilderness area. I can't use it during a week-day, so this hits especially hard.


Blogger Darien Fisher-Duke said...

Give up your lunches? Then you'll lose weight quicker than me. Wait a minute, I think you already are...

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023