Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Another Artist Named Frieda

While rummaging through "The Archives" (and doesn't that sound better than "digging through a pile of junk in the basement?") I came across this little (2" x 4") treasure of an oil painting.

The artist was Frieda Johnson, my Grandmother's sister, who managed to escape the farm to spend her days in the desert Southwest painting and drawing, or so I've been told. I don't know much about my grandmother's family, I had the relationships explained to me once, but without any reinforcement I quickly forgot them.

I did remember Frieda, however, if only for this winter scene.

Art trumps memory.

By Professor Batty


1 Comments:

Blogger Darien Fisher-Duke said...

Really lovely.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023