Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Big Dig


C'mon down to the big dig
You can't get around the big dig
C'mon to the big dig
Ya can't get around the big dig
Singin' the busted sewer line blues


~ with apologies to Captain Beefheart

It is only fitting that after my previous post about domicile decay that I discovered that the physical plant of Flippist World Headquarters is in the dire need of immediate attention. The 100+ year old sewer line is a tangled mess of cracks and tree roots. I've been dodging this issue for 25 years - the time has come for an overhaul. I've removed the retaining wall and the plants behind them in preparation for this morning when a crew will dig up the front yard and replace the truly scary old line (I've seen the sewer-cam video) with shiny new white PVC.

Ah! The joys of home ownership!

By Professor Batty


2 Comments:

Blogger Darien Fisher-Duke said...

Weirdness. The afternoon after I read this post, I was lying by the pool drowsing in the sun. I awoke from time to time to hear fragments of a conversation strangely like your post: my nephew was describing the sewer line at his Mother's house, and the lengthy conversation he had with someone who had come out to advise them about how their line looked via scope! I learned more about old and new sewer systems in one day than I have in the rest of my life combined! The timing was definitely odd.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

It's odd isn't it, about how many things there are on blogs that are related to something you are experiencing at the moment?

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2024