Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Legacy



While cleaning out the garage, I came across a collection of straight razors, they had been in my father's garage for years. When I had the garage sale of his stuff I didn't put them out because they were still quite sharp and very dangerous in inexperienced hands.

These were nice razors in their day, made of the finest Swedish and German steel. One of the cases had a price of $3 printed on the label- a not inconsiderable sum back in the 20's. I remember my father using them, along with his brush and mug and the two leather strops he used to keep their edges fine. One strop was coarse brown, the other was smooth and black.

That's the one that really stung.

By Professor Batty


3 Comments:

Blogger Comica said...

Attend the tale of Sweeney Todd.
His skin was pale and his eye was odd.
He shaved the faces of gentlemen
who never thereafter were heard of again.
He trod a path that few have trod
did Sweeney Todd
the demon barber of fleet street!


Blogger Professor Batty said...

I'll be sure to hide these if you ever happen to drop in...


Blogger kindredband said...

This makes me so sad.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023