Thursday, September 17, 2009

You Are What You Eat?



Stephan Guyenet's food/nutrition blog Whole Health Source has been catching some of my ever-scarcer undivided attention lately. His series on the Paleolithic Diet intrigues me; eating a wide variety of natural foods has always seemed to make sense, and although his studies show that it is not a panacea for every ailment known to man, it goes a long way toward getting a person's body back in tune. The writing can be quite technical at times, but I highly recommend it to anyone interested in better nutrition.

By Professor Batty


4 Comments:

Blogger Darien Fisher-Duke said...

Good discovery; I'm going to enjoy reading this. I'm going to try his suggestion for making stock.

I just finished Kessler's
The End of Overeating, which is pretty interesting.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

I've found that my diet is like quitting smoking- it take about three weeks for your body to say "It's alright to be hungry, and it's alright to stop eating when you aren't yet full.

165 down from 185 three months ago.


Blogger Darien Fisher-Duke said...

Now that's impressive! Good for you! Everyone around me is losing weight. Except for me, I just hover ...
What about that fat layer you'll need for keeping warm in Iceland, though?


Blogger Professor Batty said...

That is what I'm buying all those sweaters for- and I got two silk undershirts today!

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023