Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Travel Essentials



And what materials things does a zen minimalist need to accompany him on his international journeys? Those things which he cannot do without?

Well even the most esoteric traveler needs clothes, preferably clothes to suit the climate. One word: Layers.

Of course some form of readily negotiable medium of exchange: i.e., money or plastic.

And then there are what I consider my personal "five essentials":

A passport. Gotta have it. (Unless you are a spy?)

A plane ticket (Unless going to a bordering country. As a spy?)

A map. (Unless you've done it before.) (Maybe a CIA map?)

A recording device. Modern cameras take pictures, record sound and movies, some even read text! (A Spy camera.)

And good, dark, chocolate. It is nature's most perfect food, you know. When stuck in an unpleasant airport (*cough, cough, Boston Logan, cough*), trying to sleep at 2 a.m., it helps to have something else besides a Dunkin' Donut to nibble on. Why not have the best?

That's all I need (well maybe a toothbrush and deodorant could be considered a necessity for some people.)

What's on your "must have" list?

By Professor Batty


11 Comments:

Blogger Darien Fisher-Duke said...

A GOOD BOOK!, said the librarian. Ditto the dark chocolate. Bottled water. And migraine medicine.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

Hmmm... I should have put down a notebook and pen. I find it hard to do any serious reading in transit, but I am able to write.


Blogger Heiða said...

music to listen to (preferably techno, if I'm stuck in an airport, somehow that works for me), a book, and the plane-ticket and passport I guess, if I'm only allowed 4 things. Mind you, you mentioned 5, so I'll go with a pack of cigarettes as fifth, anyway, asking for light is the best way to make friends, and that will make my wait more fun.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

Five it is, I stand corrected. Some cameras have mp3 players as well...


Blogger lab munkay said...

Ruffies, swiss army knife, my x-ray vision glasses, your pic in my locket.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

"Locket, locket, on my neck...
Who's this guy who looks like heck?


Blogger Shoshanah Marohn said...

nuts. I would replace the chocolate with nuts, cashews. Otherwise, looks good!


Blogger lab munkay said...

I will make mtself a mental note to take the pic before the ruffies
next time.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

CD ~ What if you are already nuts?

LM ~ Ruffies trash bags?


Blogger lab munkay said...

Batty. My sweet innocent friend. http://www.definition-of.com/Ruffies


Blogger Professor Batty said...

Oh.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023