Tuesday, January 26, 2010

January Thaw

Well, if you're travelin' in the north country fair,

after last weeks thaw

Where the winds hit heavy on the borderline,

i remembered the day in the cemetery

Remember me to one who lives there.

when we splashed in the puddles

She once was a true love of mine.

just like little kids



Well, if you go when the snowflakes storm,

and I thought of you again, today

When the rivers freeze and summer ends,

when everything had turned to ice again

Please see if she's wearing a coat so warm,

and of your woolen jacket

To keep her from the howlin' winds.

with the buttons that were always in the way



Please see for me if her hair hangs long,

you'd raise your collar

If it rolls and flows all down her breast.

so you wouldn't need a scarf

Please see for me if her hair hangs long,

you'd shake your head and laugh

That's the way I remember her best.

as the snow fell on your hair



I'm a-wonderin' if she remembers me at all.

when i left you were puzzled

Many times I've often prayed

but you weren't sad

In the darkness of my night,

i never saw you sad

In the brightness of my day.

i never saw you cry




So if you're travelin' in the north country fair,

forty years is a long time

Where the winds hit heavy on the borderline,

but the memory is still remains

Remember me to one who lives there.

of that day i was almost gone

She once was a true love of mine.

that day you brought me back



~"Girl From the North Country" lyrics by Bob Dylan

By Professor Batty


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023