Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My Day In A Cult, Part III – Mysteries Revealed

My Destination:



I descended deep into the bowels of this imposing edifice, below the Golf show, below corporate meetings (with free box lunches!), until I entered the holy sanctum. The tension was palpable, the room was vibrating with spiritual energy:



Our Guru gave this presentation on the "science" of Sharonetics!:



AIYIYI!

Seriously, I was at a Photoshop seminar. I know, how nerdy is that?

It is very nerdy. But the users of this software program have almost turned its study and application into a cult- a cult with millions of devoted followers, engaging in arcane rituals to perform magical feats of imagery. Notice that I didn't say "photography". Photographs may be an element of a Photoshop image, but it is really more of collage tool, and if the original image is manipulated at all it then becomes an abstraction of true photography, at least in the forms presented at this seminar.

Still, it pays the bills.

And it is the only way to make Sharon Spotbottom appear to be walking under a full moon on a street in Reykjavík.

By Professor Batty


2 Comments:

Blogger Sharon Spotbottom said...

Holy cow!!!
Laughing Out Loud.
You're really taking Sharon places.
You are amazing Batty...hilarious, fun, generous, Batty :)


Blogger Professor Batty said...

Sharon, you had me completely from day one.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023