Friday, April 09, 2010

Still Clean



My spring cleaning enthusiasm has shown signs of becoming an obsession. The guest room (above) has been transformed from being a teenagers lair into quite an elegant boudoir (the Batty B&B is open for business!) I've even stopped bring home stuff from the thrift store- I passed on a mid 60's KOYO transistor radio yesterday, even knowing that it was highly collectible:


By sheer force of will I restrained from bringing home any more clutter (but that darn radio sure was cute!) and it was as if my desire was intended to torment me further by some cosmic coincidence when I found this blog post by John Kricfalusi (of Ren and Stimpy renown.) It also brought back memories of those days when electronic gadgets were fun and colorful, instead of serious and black.

By Professor Batty


6 Comments:

Blogger Heiða said...

ok, I relate to this in a very deep, dark, and obscure part of me that hasn't yet been allowed to be a part of my life. I mean, clutter is not clutter, it is beautiful things. And this radio, man! Wow, you really did not buy it at a thrift-store???? Perhaps, one day I will have to make my life simpler, but until that day, I will enjoy it. (the room is so wonderful, though. makes a perfect zen-zone)


Blogger Professor Batty said...

Heiða ~ If I didn't have a basement full of junk already I would have bought it- and the radio worked! Recognize the building in the photo?


Blogger Heiða said...

is it the church near the art-museum listasafn íslands?


Blogger Professor Batty said...

No, it is next to the Þjóðleikhúsið, at 21 Hverfisgata, I think it is used for receptions now.


Blogger Heiða said...

ooo, I see the house you are talking about. I think it has something to do with denmark, thought. is it not the danish embassy?


Blogger Professor Batty said...

The inscriptions above the doorway are-

Að Íslenzka Prentarafelag 1897

Bökbindarafelag Íslands 1906

Grafiska Sveinarelagið 1973

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023