Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Bringing Her Back

I met her in the Thrift Store.

She was almost a goner.

Beat up, neglected, but I could see that she had once been a babe.

She was completely unstrung and her nut was cracked.

Her bridge was missing, but I could get her another.

As I began gently turning her knobs, she seemed to shudder.

The scratches on her back and neck weren't too deep.

I washed off her dirt and grime.

I even cleaned in those hard to get at areas.

But her body still had those amazing curves:



I knew there was something wrong with her guts:



How do I love thee? Let me count the ways:



Guyatone LG-200T, $20.

By Professor Batty


6 Comments:

Anonymous Jon said...

"those had to get at areas"...
I like that description of those places. Different, but very appropriate. Looks like a fun project!


Blogger Professor Batty said...

... "had" was a typo. but I like it better than "hard"...


Blogger Darien Fisher-Duke said...

Ha! How does she sound?


Blogger Professor Batty said...

She can't talk without a new bridge- that might take a while...


Blogger Heiða said...

Your thrift-stores are better than the ones I have access to! Beautiful!


Blogger Professor Batty said...

Heiða ~ Even if it isn't a very good guitar, it will be worth it just to look at!

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023