Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sports Gear

With World Cup fever raging, now would be an appropriate time to discuss the impact of football (soccer in the States) on my life.

I broke my arm playing soccer on the last day of school in 6th grade, spending most of that summer vacation in a cast. End of story.

Actually, there is a soccer ball in the garage, along with various other sports implements from the boys' childhood. It's covered in dust, it has hardly been used, I guess I never was never much of a "soccer dad"; the boys spent their summers in the Boundary Waters. The camping, fishing and canoeing gear is still there- that gets used fairly regularly, but that really doesn't count as sporting equipment does it? The only prize you get is experience, no one wins or loses.

There are such things as fishing contests, however.

I wouldn't call that sport either.

By Professor Batty


1 Comments:

Anonymous Nicole said...

sorta like bowling...

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023