Thursday, August 05, 2010

How I Spent My Summer Hiatus #3- Cool, Wet & Hot



A groovy evening concert in Minnehaha Falls Park by some old friends was interrupted by a deluge of biblical dimensions:



No need to get upset, not when you can just duck in to Sea Salt restaurant for a quick bite. Somehow I was left with the impression that the the folk there liked their condiments on the hot side:



Homo Sapiens is the only animal which enjoys eating hot spices. I don't really know why that is, but Robert Johnson once had this to say concerning the subject:

Hot tamales and they're red hot,
Yes she got'em for sale
Hot tamales and they're red hot,
Yes she got'em for sale
I got a girls, say she long and tall
She sleeps in the kitchen with her feets in the hall
Hot tamales and they're red hot,
Yes she got'em for sale, I mean
Yes, she got'em for sale,
Yeah Hot tamales and they're red hot,
Yes she got'em for sale

By Professor Batty


5 Comments:

Blogger Some Chilean Woman said...

That's a lot of hot sauce! I accidentally had a habanero pepper in my taco today, not good. Although I am Chilean, I can't handle chiles!


Blogger Darien Fisher-Duke said...

So you made it to Sea Salt! Did you have their wonderful fish tacos and beer? Makes me hungry just to think of it. We are having an epic deluge right now, and I'm expecting the electricity to go out any time.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

SWC ~ I like curry, but I do draw the line at the really hot stuff.

Rose ~ I remember going to that pavilion when I was a child, they didn't offer much of a choice back then.


Anonymous Niranjana (Brown Paper) said...

This sort of looks like my kitchen, except it's neater.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

Niranjana ~ There's definitely some kind of obsessive-compulsive thing going on here...

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023