Friday, September 03, 2010

Back to School

The elementary school down the block from the Flippist World HQ was "re-assigned" this year, it is now a 6th-grade-only music and arts "magnet" school. They needed an addition, I was hoping it would be done with some sense of style, perhaps along these lines:


Montessori School, 1927


Chinese School, 2009


California School, 2000


Wisconsin School, 1957


Japanese School, 2004

This is what we got:


Minnesota School, 2010

Inspiring.

By Professor Batty


4 Comments:

Blogger Shoshanah Marohn said...

One of the last tests I took in teacher college had the question,

"What would the ideal classroom look like, and why?"

It was so much fun to answer. I recall that mine would be shaped like a giant banjo.

Anyway, yeah, that MN building needs a little more style. Sadly.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

I think they used my garage as a model.


Anonymous Jon said...

I'll bet the content of your garage is vastly more interesting.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

Jon ~ I'll find out this week- they will be having an open house.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023