Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Banana Tree



When I brought it home, there was laughter and rolled eyes. She always knew I was a sucker for kitchen gadgets, but really- a stand with a hook on it to hold bananas? She thought I was bananas. I don't even eat bananas.

But the Banana Tree proved useful, and it gained a place of prominence, right between the napkins and knives.

Since she's been away, the banana tree has stood empty.

I finally broke down and bought a couple.

The kitchen just didn't seem right without them.

By Professor Batty


4 Comments:

Blogger Some Chilean Woman said...

Aw, that's a sad story! You should make some very nutty banana bread to cheer yourself up!


Blogger Professor Batty said...

I'm eating the bananas, they aren't bad on cereal...

(and she'll be back in 10 days!)


Blogger Heiða said...

I thought that was really romantic!


Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023